Cambria FTC imports and exports widely used professional digital video formats, including H.264, MPEG-2, DNxHD and HEVC.
EXCEPTIONAL VIDEO QUALITY
- Integrates x264, x265
- Highest-quality motion compensated frame rate converter
- Superior motion adaptive deinterlacer, smart grame rate converter, and video resolution scaler
- Automatic scaling mode for optimal output quality
- Lossless video and audio pass-through
- 10-bit support for most video formats and filters
SUPERIOR TRANSCODING SPEED
- Much faster than real time encoding speed for H.264
- Video and audio pass-through
- Optimized transcoding for 4k/8k and high bit depth
- Optimized deinterlacer, frame rate converter, video resolution scaler for faster processing time
- Growing source file support
FLEXIBLE WORKFLOW SOLUTION
- Automatic target setting based on source file settings, such as same as source for resolution, frame rate, and interlacing aspect ratio
- Scriptable workflow
- Cambria FTC plug-in filter for easy integration with other applications
- Separate multiple audio tracks from video
- Modern API support
- Watch Folder support
Deinterlacing, Scaling, Frame Rate Conversion – Cambria FTC performs high-quality, multiframe, motion-adaptive deinterlacing. It can adjust playback speed with audio pitch correction when necessary, as in 24p to 50i conversion. Its content-adaptive frame conversion minimizes stuttering, and an automatic scaling algorithm helps produce optimal visual quality.
A Future-proof Engine – Cambria FTC already supports 8K, 12-bit, and HDR. It also supports 64-bit processing for major codecs.
Video/Audio Rewrapping and Pass-through – Change containers and trim without re-encoding; pass-through AC-3 audio while preserving metadata; or normalize audio without touching the video.
Automatic Target Setting – Cambria FTC can automatically set target settings based on properties of the source file, such as automatically preserving the resolution, frame rate, interlacing, and aspect ratio of the original.
Timecode Support – Segment sources based on embedded timecode.
Handles Audio and Captions – The Multitrack Engine handles each audio and metadata track as its own entity. Normalize each audio track separately and add multiple closed caption files for different languages.
Source-adaptive Bitrate Ladder – Automatically adjust the bitrate ladder used for DASH, HLS, or Smooth Streaming based on the encoding complexity of the source video.
Scriptable Workflows – Cambria FTC helps create intelligent workflows by supporting scripts that automatically set transcoding options (for encoding, filters, etc.) based on the properties of the source.
- Encode to same resolution as the source, and adjust bitrate based on resolution.
- Encode to same frame rate as the source, or exactly half the frame rate if greater than 30 fps.
- Don’t encode to any MPEG DASH resolution greater than source resolution.
- Pass through audio if source contains AC-3 data. Otherwise, encode source to AC-3.
- Burn in subtitle text file to matching source files by same base file names.
Watch Folder – The Cambria Watch Folder automates batch transcoding jobs. Define your presets for a Watch Folder and simply drop a file on it to start converting automatically. The Watch Folder also supports post-conversion tasks such as FTP/network retrieval and notification via email.
Multi-file Workflows – Watch Folders can be configured to look for a group of files, for example, an MP4, XML, and PNG file with the same base filename. Using a workflow script, you could combine these assets automatically. Two examples:
- Transcode an MP4 file adding a PNG overlay, use the XML file to define in/out source timecode, and transform other attributes into output metadata XML.
- Specify groups and scripts to combine video with additional languages in separate WAV files and closed caption files.
Source Analysis and Preset Creation – Inspect the properties of a video file and generate an encoding preset. Resolution, codecs, bitrate, and other information such as Transport Stream PIDs and repeat rates are set to generate a file matching the analysis report.
Growing File Support – When using certain video formats, Watch Folders can begin transcoding while the source file is being written or captured to disk.
Modern REST API – Transcoding jobs and resources can be easily controlled through an API. Cambria FTC’s REST architecture is similar to popular APIs such as Facebook or Twitter and is familiar to developers.
Urgent Job – Label a time-sensitive job in the queue as urgent, and each Cambria FTC workstation will open an extra slot for transcoding. Urgent jobs run at a higher priority for processing power, effectively pulling CPU resources away from other operations without the need to manually pause and later resume other jobs.
VIDEO AND AUDIO FILTERS
Audio Normalizer – Cambria FTC includes an audio normalizer for EBU R128 compliance.
Black Frame/Color Bar Removal Filter– Allows users to automatically remove black frames and color bars during transcoding.
Third-party Plug-in Filter – Cambria FTC allows third-party software makers to integrate plug-ins with a simple SDK. Plug-ins only process the video frames; decoding, encoding, and muxing is done by Cambria FTC. The WPF user interface for plug-ins makes them look and feel like a native software function.
EZTitle Subtitles Plug-in – The EZTitle plug-in works seamlessly within Cambria FTC. Burn in or embed closed captions in EIA608, EIA708, DVB, or teletext format. Embed multiple languages as separate caption tracks as well.
Audio Speed Adjustment – Speed up video playback while preserving audio pitch to squeeze in more commercials.
Property Changer – Users have the ability to overwrite the aspect ratio, frame mode, and frame rate of source files.
Black Segment Remover – Automatically removes the black segment included in a source file while transcoding.
Color Bars Remover – Automatically removes color bars included in source file while transcoding.
Other Filters – Colors Control, Color Range Adjustment, 601/709 Correction, Denoiser, Temporal, Logo, Text Burn-in, Teletext Burn-in, DVB Subtitle Burn-in, XML ttilter, DVD Subtitle Burn-in, Subtitle Burn-in, Closed Caption Burn-in, SST, Timecode Burn-in, Timecode Overwrite, DVD Makers, Volume Adjustment, Audio Surround to Stereo, Audio Compressor, Audio Delay