Filmfabriek HDS + the worlds most effective small format film scanner
FilmFabriek HDS+, the world’s most cost effective small format film scanner.
The FilmFabriek HDS+ is used by renowned film archives, professional film studios and scanning/digitization companies worldwide. The only scanner available that was designed by film enthusiasts for film enthusiasts and archivists. The special feature set of the scanner was designed to specifically optimize performance when digitizing older film stocks.
Why do film enthusiasts have such a high regard for the FilmFabriek HDS+ scanner ?
- R8/S8mm and R16/S16mm and 9.5mm pathe compatibility
- Sprocketless capstan drive, ideal for shrunken material
- Unique wetgate module for all film formats, reducing the impact of film emulsion scratches
- 2K and 4K camera options, optimized for dynamic range and resolution
- Full resolution scans from all formats, many other scanners reduce resolution with smaller format scans
- PTR rollers for dirt removal
- Automatic exposure control, removing the need for color balancing (Manual override)
- Simple to operate user interface
- Multiple options for file output, .dpx, .avi and .tif
- User selectable output resolution standards
- Audio output for all common standards
- Modular design to ensure simple upgradeability
- Included automated 2K image restoration software
- Adjustable tension for film transport to ensure even the most fragile film can be handled safely
- Unmatched price/performance ratio
The FilmFabriek HDS+ is truly the only film digitization scanner to be designed specifically for the very demanding nature of archival film.
Recently added features include:
- Improved capstan motor drive
- Newly designed archival skidplate for better stability
- Full A/B wind functionality
- Missing frame interpolation
- Simplified operational interface
- Improved laser stabilization
- Intensified LED light source optimized for negative scanning
Wetgates are a basic essential when digitizing old film as almost all film has, over time, become damaged. Wetgate operation dramatically improves the quality of the image output.
Format – All film stocks
Liquid – Isopropanol
Speed of operation – 5 – 15 frames per second
2K+ (2048 x 1536)
4K+ (4096 × 3000)
Interface – USB3
.tif (12 bit)
.dpx (10 bit)
.avi (8 bit
The actual scanning speed largely depends on the camera you choose. Higher resolution cameras usually have slow capturing speeds. We offer high-speed scanning at full resolution (2048 × 1536) for 8mm (max 50fps) and for 16mm (max 35 fps).
1 year warranty
Weight: 34.6 kg, height: 76.5 cm, width: 60 cm, depth: 35.5 cm
ASK ABOUT RENT TO BUY OR LEASE OPTIONS
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT SALES@BIGPICMEDIA.NET OR CALL DAVE SAVILLE +1 661 993 3985 (USA) OR ADAM WELSH +44 7917 565514 (ROW)